Dental Braces in Brantford
We know that when you ask a dentist about orthodontics all the options and terminology can be overwhelming. That’s why we are always excited to meet new patients and to help you understand your bite and smile, with no charge and no obligation.
Dr. Mark Pus will explain your situation and your options in plain English so that you can make the best decision.
Dr. Mark has over 30 years experience as an orthodontic specialist. In addition to treating his own orthodontic patients in Brantford, Dr. Mark also teaches orthodontics to students at the dental schools in London and Toronto, and in the past served as an examiner for the Royal College of Dentists. Needless to say, Dr. Mark loves orthodontics and has seen it all, so you are in good hands!
Dr. Mark is married with two grown children and three grandchildren. His other passion is golf, which is a work in progress!
Our Orthodontics Team
Your First Visit with Dr. Mark
We love meeting new patients! Whether you are just starting to look into braces, or you’ve been thinking about it for years and are finally ready to take the next step, or you want a second opinion before making an important decision, we would love for you to visit!
Your first visit will usually last between 30-60 minutes, depending on how many questions you have. Once we’ve met you and get an idea of what you are looking for, we will ask your approval to take some diagnostic photos and x-rays if necessary.
With this information, Dr. Mark can help you figure out whether or not you are a good candidate for treatment. By the end of your first visit, our goal is for both of us to understand:
- Your main concerns with your bite and smile and what you hope to improve.
- What you’ve loved about your previous dental visits, and just as importantly what makes you anxious.
- The ideal time to start treatment. Does it matter whether you start now or later?
- Your options for treatment, including traditional braces, cosmetic braces, and Invisalign.
- Dr. Mark’s recommendations, based on everything he has learned about you, including sometimes no treatment at all!
- How the desired treatment fits into your family’s budget and schedule.
Congratulations on getting braces!
Click on the guide below to learn what to expect after getting braces, how to take care of them, and common orthodontic emergencies.
Braces Emergency Text Hotline
If you need advice or help with your braces after hours,
text us and one of the members of our Orthodontics Team will personally respond to your message.