- Monday: 7 am to 8 pm
- Tuesday: 7 am to 8 pm
- Wednesday: 7 am to 8 pm
- Thursday: 7 am to 8 pm
- Friday: 8 am to 2 pm
- Saturday: 8 am to 2 pm
1325 Clarence St S, Unit 1
Brantford, ON N3S 0C7
At the corner of Clarence St and Erie Ave, just south of the Freshco.
Emergency Text Message Hotline:
Emergencies seen same day
Dental Braces in Brantford
We know that when you ask a dentist about orthodontics all the options and terminology can be overwhelming. That’s why we are always excited to meet new patients and to help you understand your bite and smile, with no charge and no obligation.
Dr. Mark Pus will explain your situation and your options in plain English so that you can make the best decision.
Dr. Mark has over 30 years experience as an orthodontic specialist. In addition to treating his own orthodontic patients in Brantford, Dr. Mark also teaches orthodontics to students at the dental schools in London and Toronto, and in the past served as an examiner for the Royal College of Dentists. Needless to say, Dr. Mark loves orthodontics and has seen it all, so you are in good hands!
Dr. Mark is married with two grown children and three grandchildren. His other passion is golf, which is a work in progress!
The Ladies of Ortho
Your First Braces Visit
We love meeting new patients! Whether you are just starting to look into braces, or you’ve been thinking about it for years and are finally ready to take the next step, or you want a second opinion before making an important decision, we would love for you to visit!
Your first visit will usually last between 30-60 minutes, depending on how many questions you have. Once we’ve met you and get an idea of what you are looking for, we will ask your approval to take some diagnostic photos and x-rays if necessary.
With this information, Dr. Mark can help you figure out whether or not you are a good candidate for treatment. By the end of your first visit, our goal is for both of us to understand:
- Your main concerns with your bite and smile and what you hope to improve.
- What you’ve loved about your previous dental visits, and just as importantly what makes you anxious.
- The ideal time to start treatment. Does it matter whether you start now or later?
- Your options for treatment, including traditional braces, cosmetic braces, and Invisalign.
- Dr. Mark’s recommendations, based on everything he has learned about you, including sometimes no treatment at all!
- How the desired treatment fits into your family’s budget and schedule.
“Getting braces made me feel more confident about myself. I was bullied for not having straight teeth, but I feel so much more confident and happy with my Smile. Thank you for helping me through this and making it possible.”Emmalea Thomas, Brantford
“My son fell and created MAJOR dental damage. From the first appointment Dr Mark’s team was empathetic, professional and patient. Thanks to his team my son’s adult teeth have been stabilized and look amazing! Thank you again!”Jamie Kerr, Brantford
“I love my new smile and I can’t wait to show it off! Excellent, professional service! Staff always warm and friendly. Awesome care! Thanks so much.”Julie Sherwood, Brantford
“We were very happy with the ability to keep the treatment to the timeline set out. The staff have been fantastic with Cooper, it was always explained what to expect and his responsibilities. Cooper had a bracket come off and you were able to give direction over the phone what to do and then got him in quickly to fix the situation. Thank you!”Charlene Robinson, Brantford
A First Aid Guide For Braces Emergencies
There are two categories of emergencies: INJURIES and PROBLEMS
- Direct injuries to the mouth and teeth which result in a tooth being knocked out, severely displaced, or fractured. If this occurs, please contact our office immediately.
- Broken braces: These can often wait until your next appointment. If the gums are irritated, place wax over the bracket.
- Poking wires: Cover with wax or bend / tuck in with a pencil eraser. If it still irritates the tongue, gums, cheek, or lips, call the office.
- Lost elastic ties: This should not cause discomfort and may or may not require replacement. Call the office to inquire.
- Poorly fitting removable appliances: If the appliance is causing you pain, stop wearing it. Call the office.
Braces Emergency Text Hotline:
Want to chat about getting braces?
Have a question about your treatment?
Whatever you need, we’re here!